The 2020/2021 SCORE Program will begin on October 5, 2020. Check out the details below to get your organization involved in our recycling program this season.
Thank you to everyone that participated in the 2019/2020 SCORE Program. Congratulations to the winner, Manteno Schools (HS, MS, Elementary) with 5,879 lbs. of aluminum cans recycled!
Created by Belson Steel in 1995, the SCORE program has proven to be an excellent example of the type of program that allows schools and businesses to work together for the common good of the community. Last year, the 30 area schools participating in the program collected and recycled over 1,755,000 aluminum cans. That is the equivalent of over 73,100 cases of soda!
1. Any non-profit group composed of elementary, middle or high school-aged children can participate. This could be a school, a pep club, band, church youth group, Boy Scout troop, Brownies, etc.
2. To enter, each school or organization must fill out a registration form (see above) and return it to Belson Steel BEFORE any points are scored.
3. Participants collect aluminum cans and/or encourage others to do so. (No commercial collectors please.)
4. Bring the collected aluminum cans to Belson for recycling. Belson will pay cash for the cans, and your school or organization will score one point for each pound of cans.
5. The staff at Belson will keep track of the scores. At the end of the program, every participating school or organization will receive two cents for every point scored (minimum $25.00). The school with the top scores will win additional cash and prizes.
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. Testimonials are not a guarantee, warranty or prediction of what your experience with us will be. By providing certain contact information herein, you are expressly authorizing the recipient of this message to contact you via the methods of communication provided.